POS provides a facility that merchants can use Shopify POS to sell in person with Shopify. Merchants can create a cart for each customer, customize the cart in several ways, and then accept payment with a wide range of payment methods. With App Bridge, you can extend or add new features to Shopify POS for both Android and iOS.
So if you are not created the Shopify app yet. You can create a Shopify app. Here is a great tutorial to create a Shopify app using react and node js.
- Go to your Shopify Partner Dashboard.
- Click Apps in the sidebar.
- Click the name of your app.
- Click Extensions on the top.
- Click Point of Sale tab.
- In the Embedded POS app section, click on the Manage button.
- Select the Embed in Shopify POS checkbox in the next screen.
- Once you click on the checkbox, In the POS links section will be enabled, click Add a link.
- In the Add link dialog, enter the following fields:
- Link label – The text that will appear to the merchant. It should be task-oriented like export to a spreadsheet.
- Link target URL – The URL where your app is deployed, or a specific URL for this task. During development, you can use ngrok URL, on which your app is running
- Page to show link – The page in the Shopify POS app where this link should appear to the merchant.
- Click Save button
Note: You can add more POS links, To add more links repeat steps 8 to 10.
Once you done the above step, Your app is enabled for POS.
You can download the Shopify POS app for android as well as IOS.
1) Login the app and enter your store.
2) Open app click on the store, Sidebar would be open.
3) Click on Apps.
4) Your app would be listed here.
5) You can open the app from here.
To debug and inspect your Shopify pos app visit this post.
Feel free to comment if there is any issue.
One Reply to “Create a Shopify app into POS(Point of Sale)”